When submitting your app to Apple and Google for review, they will closely look for things that add value to their stores. To ensure that your app gets approved, we have a "Cheat Sheet" of must-haves in your app that you can check before submitting it for review.
IN THIS ARTICLE
What do I need to do before I submit my app?
1. The Checklist "Cheat Sheet" of must-haves
There are some important things that we have to take note of when building your app and before submitting it to Apple and Google for review. Here's a checklist of must-haves in your app:
- Don't submit it too early (it needs to look like a complete app to the reviewer)
- Don't edit the "PassionApps" section after you submit it for review
- Don't list any pricing plan above $50 /month for subscriptions and $100 for one-time payment on your Sales Page
- Don't include any content that goes against Apple guidelines
- Add either multi-pricing or pricing plan widget to your Sales Page
- Add at least 1 audio widget in one of your lessons, preferably in the first few lessons, so it can be easily spotted by the reviewers
- Don't click "submit" on native apps again until you get a response from Apple/Google
- Make sure all Apple agreements are accepted (green, not yellow)
- Placeholder text ("This is a lesson") is not allowed
- References to future content ("unlocking soon", "future workout", etc.) are not allowed
- Don't mention the price in the app summary
- Don't show the price in the screenshots
- Screenshots cannot show Android phone frames and cannot show real hands: they must show your app while in use
- Giving health or nutrition advice without references from authorities leads to rejection
- If you use copyrighted content or names, please include proof of the copyright
- Don't use imagery that could be considered "nudity" (e.g., before/after photos in a sports bra)
- Don't include any obvious links to purchase your content outside the app
2. The PassionApps
Make sure you’ve filled out every required field in the Welcome Screen and the Sales Page. Leaving any field blank will affect the display of information on your live app
Here are some guidelines that you can refer to when completing the Welcome Screen and the Sales Page:
- Are the header videos working properly?
- Are the images clear?
- Do the client testimonials on the welcome page slide correctly?
- Is all the written text in your PassionApps original? Some fields within the app have placeholder text in them. Make sure you’ve filled out all the required fields with your own writing.
- The pricing plan available on your Sales Page should not be higher than $50/month for subscriptions and $100 for a one-time payment.
- Adding a plan that is more than the recommended prices on your Sales Page may lead to getting rejections from Apple.
3. The Products
The major thing that an app reviewer looks for when reviewing an app is your content.
1. Does your Product contain 1-week of original content or 5 lessons?
Your app must have at least 1-weeks worth of content ready before we’ll consider submitting it to
the app stores. This is equivalent to 5 lessons or sequences.
2. Have all templates been removed and replaced with your content?
Have you replaced all the images, video, & text in your Product with the original content
you have created?
If your answer to these questions is a big YES, your app is good to go for the review!
4. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can I still offer high ticket plans?
Yes, you can still offer high ticket plans on your Web App through the Passion Payments Checkout URL directly from the pricing plan created. You can refer to this article to learn how to set it up: How to create hidden pricing?
2. Why is it recommended to sell high ticket plans on the Web App, and not through the App Store?
There are three major benefits of selling high ticket plans on the Web App and these are the following:
1. Prevent delays in publishing the app
2. Avoid rejections when publishing an update to the app
3. Save 15% or 30% app sales commission (vs. Apple/Google store sales) from the high ticket plans
sold on the Web App
Still have questions that were left unanswered? Check out our other categories for more information or use the search bar on top to find specific keywords.
Not a PassionFighter yet? Click here to join us!
Note: Feedbacks to articles are anonymous so we will not be able to reach back out. For other concerns/questions, please use the contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.