Follow the steps below to publish an update to your Apple app:
- Go to https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/login, type in your login credentials then log in.
- On your Apple Connect Dashboard, click “My Apps”
- Your app status should appear as “Preparing for Submission” in Apple Connect. Make sure that you have the PassionApps Account open to cross-check the app description and review the app contents.
- Review the screenshots, description, and In-App Purchases sections.
- Screenshots should not have any duplicates, error messages, cropped images, low-quality images
- Description: should be accurate, should not be misleading, avoid texts/words that would monetize the current global/local crisis, e.g corona, COVID, pandemic, etc.
- The next step is to select the latest build of the app(version).
- Select the "In-App Purchases". Make sure to cross-check the price/s that you set on the Pricing Page of your Passion.io Account.
Note: For app updates, the In-App Purchase section will not be on the same page and you’d need to go In-App Purchases > Manage
- Select your Release Option. You can decide how your app should be released after it passes the certification process.
Decide if your app should be available after the review process or set up a launch date.
- Manually: you’ll have to go into App Store Connect and release it
- Immediately: it’ll be released as soon as it passes certification
- On a date: it’ll be published on a specific date (if it has passed certification)
- Finally, answer the Export Compliance, Content Rights, and Advertising Identifier questions and click Submit. Then, click Save in the top-right hand corner, then Submit for Review.
How to Check on the Status of Your App
In the App Store Connect, select Activity in the top horizontal menu, then App Store Versions in the left-hand panel.
How Long Does It Take To Get the App Store Approval?
In most cases, it takes about three to five days to receive approval, and it can take up to 24 hours for your app to appear in the App Store after approval. Currently, the app reviews are delayed due to the limited staffing for safety purposes.
You’ll receive email notifications at each stage.
IF YOUR APP IS APPROVED
WooHoo! You’re now on the App Store. You can view your app’s performance(downloads, ratings, reviews, etc) directly in App Store Connect.
IF YOUR APP IS REJECTED
You’ll have to make the necessary changes or fixes before you can resubmit your app for review. Use the Resolution Center in App Store Connect to communicate with Apple about any questions you may have. You can also escalate the issue and submit an appeal if you believe your app was wrongly rejected.
You can also visit this article Apple App Rejections and How to Resolve Them to help you with the process.
If you have any questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com