Updating your app to the latest version is important for the following reasons: Bug fixes, feature or new content releases, and applying the changes you have made in your app.
IN THIS ARTICLE
How to Publish an Update to iOS App
1. How to update your iOS app to a newer version
A prompt will show up when a new version is available in your app.
In the Sales Channels, click on the “Upgrade App” button of the Native App you wanted to update, then tap “Submit for Review”.
2. How to submit the new iOS app version to Apple for review
- Go to https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/login, type in your login credentials then log in.
- On your Apple Connect Dashboard, click “My Apps”
- Your app status should appear as “Preparing for Submission” in Apple Connect.
- Review the screenshots, description, and In-App Purchases sections.
- Screenshots should not have any duplicates, error messages, cropped images, low-quality images
- The description should be accurate, should not be misleading, and avoid texts/words that would monetize the current global/local crisis, e.g corona, COVID, pandemic, etc.
- Select the latest build of the app version
- Select In-App Purchases if you are offering new pricing plans. Make sure to cross-check the price/s that you set on the Pricing Page of your Passion.io Account.
- Select Automatically Release this Version (recommended)
- Finally, click Save in the top-right-hand corner, Add for Review then Submit for Review.
You're done! 🎉 Please wait for a message from Apple regarding your submission.
3. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long does it take to get the App Store approval?
In most cases, it takes about 3 to 5 days to receive approval and can take up to 24 hours for your app update to appear in the App Store. Currently, the app reviews are delayed due to the limited staffing for safety purposes.
You will receive email notifications from Apple directly. If you need any further assistance, you can always reach out to our App Submissions Team.
How can I keep track of the progress for the app update?
You can keep track of the progress of your app by logging into your Passion.io AppBuilder. Apple app update review usually takes 3-5 days or more depending on their review/revision requests.
I got a rejection message from Apple. What do I do?
Please refer to this article if something went wrong with your latest Apple submission: Apple App Rejections and How to Resolve Them
Still have questions that were left unanswered? Check out our other categories for more information or use the search bar on top to find specific keywords.
Not a PassionFighter yet? Click here to join us!
Note: Feedback to articles are anonymous so we will not be able to reach back out. For other concerns/questions, please use the contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.