In this article, you will learn how to Live stream in your app using Youtube Live URL.
IN THIS ARTICLE
How to live stream in your app
1. How to Live stream using Youtube
1. Create an account on Youtube if you don't have one. Learn how here.
2. Enable Live Streaming on your channel:
Live streaming is disabled on new YouTube channels by default. Here’s how to enable live streaming on YouTube:
- Verify your YouTube account. It’s a simple process. Select your country, preferred verification code delivery method, and enter your phone number. Punch in the six-digit verification code when you get it. Verified!
- Enable live streaming via the channel features page (under “Features that require phone verification).
- Wait up to 24 hours (potentially less) for live streaming to activate on your account.
As long as there aren’t any live streaming restrictions on your channel, you can now live stream on YouTube through a web browser or streaming encoder. If you want to use a mobile device to live stream your channel must have at least 1,000 subscribers.
3. Go Live! Once Livestream is enabled on your channel, you can start by clicking on the camera symbol with a plus sign inside on the right top corner of your Youtube Home Page and click on Go live.
4. Select Webcam and add the Details for your Livestream like Name, Description, add a thumbnail, etc, and click Next.
5. Add customizations like live chat, who can send messages, how long you want participants sending messages, etc, and click Next.
6. Edit the visibility of your live stream. Here is important that you choose Unlisted.
7. Once you start the Live stream you can press the share button on the right top corner and copy the Video link.
8. Now that you have a Live Stream URL you can go to your Passion.io account.
- Login to your Passion.io account
- Go to PassionProducts and click on Course
- Open the Course you want to add a Lesson to embed your Youtube Live Stream URL. Not sure how to create a lesson? Check the article How to add a Lesson to your Course
9. Click on the Video Widget or press the plus (+) icon on the right side if there is already a widget on the page
10. Click on the widget to add a video.
11. Add your YouTube Live Stream URL:
12. You will see the Livestream video in the Lesson.
2. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can my clients know about my live stream?
We recommend that you create a Course dedicated to your Live stream so your clients can find easily where to go to see you Live!
You can use our template for Live Q&A that you can find in the template section when creating a new course.
Now you can add the date and time of your Livestream and also share it with them in the Community.
What can I do to prevent the message "Video unavailable - Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner. Watch on YouTube" when I add my link into the App?
- Go to Youtube
- Find the video you'd like to change and click Edit.
- Click Advanced Settings under the video.
- Check the Allow Embedding checkbox under the "Distribution Options" section.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
Does the video automatically record download into the Passion.io library or do we have to manually export from YouTube and upload to Passion.io after live streaming?
The recording doesn't automatically upload to Passion.io library so you'll have to manually export from YouTube and upload it after live streaming. If you don't need the video to be available offline, you can leave the live stream link as is and it shall direct the clients to the YouTube recording.
Still have questions that were left unanswered? Check out our other categories for more information or use the search bar on top to find specific keywords.