Reporting a bug allows us to improve our products and features. This will also help us with future enhancements and product roadmap.
Here are some of the things that you need to check before reporting a bug. These checks will allow our engineers to find the solution faster because they will be able to go directly to the root cause of the issue.
1. Check that your phone and/or computer are updated to the latest version of the software available. Sometimes an outdated device can cause problems.
2. For web app versions, sometimes there are bugs in one browser, but everything is working perfectly in another browser because the root of the problem is not in Passion.io but in the browser itself. Check that you have different browsers installed on your computer, so you can switch from one browser to the other.
3. Also for web app versions, check that all the latest changes have been published before reporting a bug:
As you can see in the image, there are no “Unpublished changes” left for the Web App version, this means that your web app is updated.
4. For native apps, check that you have installed the latest version available (which should display “version 2.30.XX”). Here are the instructions to check what version of the app you have installed on your phone:
5. If the version on your phone or tablet is not 2.30.XX, check that there is no update pending:
6. If there is no update pending, and your latest version has a number smaller than 19 in the second position(e.g. 2.30.xx), click publish for Google and/or Apple apps, and run an update as explained in the following articles:
7. We have two articles with the most common troubleshooting for Apple and Google, please check these in case the issue is already there, which means you could get an immediate solution by following the steps explained here:
8. If the issue is related to any of the integrations with Passion.io, please check if everything is working in their platform because integrating means we are connecting them in the background, but the real service is provided by the third-party application. Check if all is working correctly on their end (we won’t be able to troubleshoot them, just our platform):
10. Check that the maximum file size that can be uploaded is 1GB. If you need to upload a bigger file, please check our HelpCenter article about how to upload a video bigger than 1GB.
Finally, if you are experiencing a bug that has not yet been covered in the previous steps, please let us know via our Contact Form, including as many details as possible so that we can get our hands on solving it asap.
For example, we would need the following information:
Platform: Apple / Google / Web app / Passion.io
Product Title: in case you are experiencing issues with a specific pricing option and you have more than one pricing created (with the multi pricing widget on), please let us know which pricing plan is being unsuccessful
Lesson/Sequence: if a specific lesson is involved, please let us know what Week / Day / specific details so we can spot it
Device/Browser: iPhone / Android phone / computer model… as specific as possible
Who is experiencing the issues: you or your subscribers