Here's a short video with Dan demonstrating how to effectively write an App Summary that drives Download: https://passionfighters.passion.io/learn/products/9365/lessons/394514
Important things to know
- A good summary can get you more downloads
- You can write up to 2,500 characters but the first 3 lines are the most important.
- It should be clear to read, think bullets, do not make it an essay.
Keys to be successful
- Related directly to the app content
- Accurate, explaining what the content includes, not future updates
- Repeat targeted keywords 4-5 times in various combinations
- Avoid repeating the words over and over again
- Don't use programming symbols, because that will cause technical issues in your app. Examples include: ~ (tilde symbol), // (double or multiple slash symbols), /* (slash and asterisk)
- Don't use trademarks or titles of popular apps (Facebook, Google, Zoom, Instagram...)
- Please make sure that the first line of the app summary is only 80 characters long if you are planning on having your app in Google PlayStore: they will use this first line as the short summary of your app
What to include:
- Unique Features
- A strong call to action (CTA)
- Awards, certificates, or mentions
- The latest news and updated content
- In case you are having more than one subscription plan in the native app, please include a small summary to explain the difference between the plans, for example:
"The monthly plan includes weekly videos and forms to track progress, while the one-time purchase offer is for people who would like to do a small version of the monthly plan".
What NOT to include:
- Mentioning the price for the subscription: the price depends on the country (exchange rate, specific taxes, and fees could apply), but the app summary is the same all over the world, so Apple and Google believe it's best if end-users don't get confused over the values in the different currencies
- Explaining things that the app will have in the future, for example, "there will be a new plan next month", or "new videos every week". Future events are against guidelines: the app summary has to explain what is already in the app. You can refer to the guidelines below for further information:
- Using words related to the global pandemic are also causes for rejection as app stores are against monetizing the pandemic, make sure you are not using these words in the app summary or anywhere in the app: "COVID, COVID-19, quarantine, lockdown, pandemic", and other similar terms.
- List of words that you should not use in the app summary:
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Twitch, Youtube, Amazon, Blackberry, Windows, Tiktok, WhatsApp, Android, Google, iOS, Apple, Zoom, Vimeo, Corona, Covid, Covid19, pandemic, lockdown, curfew, coronavirus, coming soon, under construction, in construction, future content, USD, GBP, EUR, $, €, £, ¥ (any mentioning of currency)