This is how to troubleshoot and solve some basic issues you may experience when uploading videos.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Troubleshooting Video Issues in the App
1. Basic Troubleshooting
Here is the basic troubleshooting in case you encounter Video Issues on the branded app or web app.
1. Clear Browser cache and cookies. When you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites. Learn here how to do it on Chrome.
2. Check your Internet Connection. You would need a stable internet connection to play the videos on the app. A slow internet connection may result in videos being sometimes sluggish, playing very slowly, or else taking a long time to buffer. Learn here how to fix internet connection problems on Android devices and Apple devices.
3. Use a different Browser. If you're using the Web App, it could be that you're experiencing a browser issue. Try to use a different browser to check if the video works. We recommend using Chrome.
4. Check if your app's version is updated. We always update the app for Bug fixes and to resolve other issues. Updating your apps gives you access to the latest features and improves app security and stability. Learn here how to update your app on Android devices and Apple devices.
5. Make sure that your video file is in standard mp4. You can check it by converting it before uploading it to the platform, with free converters like this one: https://video.online-convert.com/convert-to-mp4
6. Report to us using the Contact Form. Finally, if you are experiencing a bug that has not yet been resolved in the previous steps, please let us know via our Contact Form, including as many details as possible so that we can get our hands on solving it asap.
2. How to report an issue using the Contact Form
Learn how to report a bug/issue using the Contact Form effectively:
Platform: Apple / Google / Web app / Passion.io
Product Title: in case you are experiencing issues with a specific pricing option and you have more than one pricing created (with the multi pricing widget on), please let us know which pricing plan is being unsuccessful
Lesson/Sequence: if a specific lesson is involved, please let us know what Week / Day / specific details so we can spot it
Device/Browser: iPhone / Android phone / computer model… as specific as possible
Who is experiencing the issues: you or your subscribers
3. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Why my Youtube/ Vimeo videos are not working?
Youtube and/or Vimeo videos issues are usually related to the Privacy Setting.
Youtube: Youtube video needs to be Unlisted and not Private. Learn more here: Youtube - Change video privacy settings
Vimeo: Vimeo videos can be Unlisted or Hide from Vimeo. Learn more here: Vimeo - Change your video's privacy
2. I've been trying to upload a video but it's stuck on "processing". What do I do?
Make sure you have a stable internet connection. Bigger file sizes may take longer to upload, and any unstable connection may break the uploading process. If it continues to get stuck on "processing", proceed to delete the video widget, log out, log back in, and add the video widget again to upload the file.
- How to size and compress videos
- Adding YouTube/Vimeo videos on Lessons
- How to live stream via YouTube widget
Still have questions that were left unanswered? Check out our other categories for more information or use the search bar on top to find specific keywords.
Not a PassionFighter yet? Click here to join us!
Note: Feedback to articles are anonymous so we will not be able to reach back out. For other concerns/questions, please use the contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.