What is User Tracking?
User tracking makes your app fully interactive to seriously boost your customers’ motivation and results.
You choose the activities your customers should track, they log their progress, and you can help keep them on track… It’s as simple as that.
How does User Tracking benefit you and your customers?
✓ Improve Your Coaching: Tailor to your audience and improve your content based on customer progress data
✓ Boost User Accountability: Set up check-ins so your customers feel accountable and stay on track
✓ Feeling of Personalization: User Tracking is fully customizable to your market so you can give your users a personalized experience
✓ Social Proof at your Fingertips: Track your best-performing users, then celebrate their success in your community to motivate others
✓ Endless Stats to Measure Progress: Set up multiple activities that your user can track
How does it work?
1️⃣ You set up activities for your customers to track - like their mood, running distance, or even daily accountability check-ins
2️⃣ Your customers regularly log their stats and get motivated by their progress
3️⃣ You can check all of your customer’s results in one place and improve your coaching
What can you and your customers do with User Tracking?
- Set (multiple) activities for users to track
- View the activity of a specific user
- See the details of a user's check-ins to better understand their progress
- Delete a user's check-in entry
- Add User Tracking to Pricing Plans
Your customers can:
- Regularly log their activity stats
- View the progress of other users for public activities
- See the details of other users' check-ins to better understand the community and feel motivated
- Delete their own check-in entries
Step #1: Add User Tracking to your chosen Pricing Plans
Here are the steps to enable User Tracking in your app.
- Log in to passion.io
- Go to the Pricing Plan section of the platform
- If you are activating User Tracking for an existing plan, click on the plan you would like to activate it for.
- If you are creating a new plan and want to enable User Tracking, click on the + Create New Plan button
- Select the User Tracking tickbox before your select the Products included in the plan to enable it
4. If you are adding User Tracking to a pre-existing pricing plan, simply click Next Step, then Save Changes. If you are creating a new pricing plan, you can find step-by-step instructions for this in the following article: Pricing Plans and Multi Pricing Feature
Note: Once User Tracking is enabled for a Plan, the Tracking Tab will automatically appear for all customers who have an active subscription for that Plan
Step #2: Set up activities for your customers to track
Here are the steps to start tracking your customers’ progress.
- To start tracking, you need to log in to the app or to the web app (not the passion.io platform)
- Log in using your passion.io email address
- Once you're in, click on the Tracking Tab (at the top of the page for a web app, or at the bottom of your screen for native apps), then click on the + sign
4. Write a Title and Instructions.
Title Example: Stress Management Daily Check-in
Instructions example: Check-in your stress level every day here and track your progress. You're allowed to check-in values from 0-10, where 0 is completely zen and 10 is totally stressed out.
5. You can also use the toggle button to limit the value that your customers can put in. Then, click on the checkmark (✔) to save.
Example: If you are asking them to rate something from 1-10, limit the value to 10.
- This is how the tracker would look for your customers
7. You can see the details of your customers log by clicking on the Tracker and selecting from the list of users displayed
8. Your customers can also see other user’s progress by clicking on the All Users Tab
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is the Tracking Tab not available for some of my customers?
- The Tracking tab will only become visible to customers who have an active membership to the plan that has the User Tracking enabled.
- Check the plan that your customer is subscribed to. Make sure that the Plan shows as “active” in Passion Metrics. If you want to learn more about how to give users access to your app, then CLICK HERE!
- Check the Plan in the Pricing Plan section of the app builder and see if User Tracking is enabled
- Why can't I set up Tracking in my app? or Why is the Tracking tab not available in my app?
- Make sure that you're logged in using your passion.io email address. This allows you to see the tracking tab since this will only be visible to email addresses with an active subscription
- How do I activate the User Tracking on my App?
- Please refer to Step #1: Add User Tracking to your chosen Pricing Plans section of this article.
Still have questions that were left unanswered? Check out our other categories for more information or use the search bar on top to find specific keywords.