In this article, you will learn how to connect your app to Facebook successfully.
IN THIS ARTICLE
How to connect your apps to Facebook
1. Set up a Facebook Developer Account
You can Set up a Facebook Developer Account here.
2. Create a new Facebook App
To create a new Facebook App, go to your Facebook Apps dashboard and click on "Create App"
Select the "Consumer" option in the next screen, and then add a Display Name and your email address, and press "Create App"
2.1 Fill in Basic info
On the left side, click on the Settings menu and select "Basic"
In the "Basic" section, fill in the following fields:
- Display Name: the display name of your Facebook app (Example: Coaching with Alex)
- Namespace: the URL of your Facebook app (Example: CoachingWithAlex)
- App Domains: the web URL of your Passion.io app (Example: ccc.passion.io)
- Contact Email: your email address
- Terms of Service URL: https://passion.io/terms-of-service
- User Data deletion: https://passion.io/terms-of-service
- Category: choose your app's category
- App Icon: Select an icon for your app (minimum 512x512, PNG/JPG files)
- App Purpose: Select "Yourself or your own business"
Click on Save Changes on the bottom-right
2.2 Fill in the Data Protection Officer contact information with your personal data
2.3 Add iOS/Android platforms to your Facebook App
At the bottom of the "Basic" page, click on "Add Platform", then select iOS and/or Android and click Next.
Select the "Google Play" Android store from the list
3. Set up your iOS app with Facebook
- Bundle ID
Go to Passion.io, access the Sales Channels page, and go to the iOS tab. Copy the value in the "Bundle ID" field and add it to the "Bundle ID" field in your Facebook App's developer page.
- iPhone Store ID and iPad Store ID
Log in https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/ then go to "App Information" on the left menu. The ID you need is the one under "Apple ID". Add that ID to the "iPhone Store ID" and "iPad Store ID" fields in your Facebook App's developer page.
- Shared Secret
Log in https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/ then click on your app and navigate to the Features tab. Select In-App Purchases in the left side panel.
Click App-Specific Shared Secret and click Generate in the pop-up window if you don't already have one.
Copy your Shared Secret to be used in your app. Add that value to the "Shared Secret" field in your Facebook App's developer page.
Click "Save Changes"
4. Set up your Android app with Facebook
- Key hashes
Open your Google Developer Console, select your app and go to the "App Integrity" section found in the left menu. Copy the "SHA-1 certificate fingerprint".
Open this link in another tab (https://base64.guru/converter/encode/hex) and paste that SHA-1 code in the first box, then click on "Convert Hex to Base 64"
Copy the code from the second box (Base64) and paste it in the "Key Hashes" field on your Facebook App's developer page
- Package Name
Go to your app's Google Play Store page and you will find the Package Name value after the "=" sign in the page's URL
- Your page's URL: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.independence284.yourpackagename
- The value you need: com.independence284.yourpackagename
Copy this value and paste it in the "Package Name" field in your Facebook App's developer page
This field's value must always be set to com.whitelabel.MainActivity
5. Make sure your App Mode is "Live"
6. Send your details to Passion
Once you've finished all previous steps, send your App ID and the App Domain to us over at email@example.com. You'll find these in the "Basic" page that you filled out in step 3.
- Connecting Facebook Pixel with your Ad Account
Still have questions that were left unanswered? Check out our other categories for more information or use the search bar on top to find specific keywords.
Not a PassionFighter yet? Click here to join us!