Though our recommendation is not to submit an app to Apple with a plan above $99, you can absolutely sell high-ticket products with passion.io!
We suggest using In-App Purchases for your trip-wire/ lead magnet offer of between $5-$99... and then upsell to higher price plans using hidden checkouts.
Your clients will still consume the content of the high ticket product in your app... BUT they will pay for it on the web.
- In-App purchases above $99 invite rejection from Apple. Every rejection will cost you 1-3 weeks because Apple moves slowly
- You can save the 15-30% commission for your high ticket products by taking payment on the web (no IAP)
What are hidden pricing plans and how do I create them?
- ONLY the pricing plans you list on your sales page become In-App purchases
- ALL other pricing plans are "hidden" once created unless added to the Sales Page section
- You can send the link to your hidden pricing plan checkout page in the "Pricing Plans" tab (you'll need to activate PassionPayments for this)
How do I upsell customers from my IAP to my high ticket offers?
Option 1: Put the link to your hidden pricing plan checkout page in a lesson
Option 2: Have your clients apply for your high ticket product via a Typeform questionnaire on one of your lessons and send the checkout link once they're qualified & ready to buy
To see a checklist of things your app must have before you send it to be reviewed, please check this article: What do I need to do before I submit my app?
If your app does not have all the criteria mentioned, it is more likely to be rejected by the app stores.